Cant get her to fire!

More
13 Jul 2010 19:59 #382431 by BoredKZ750
Cant get her to fire! was created by BoredKZ750
Okay so I just cleaned my carbs and reinstalled them and fixed a fuel like from my airbox. Nomore leaks and nomore fuel dumping like crazy outta the overflows but i cant get the bike to fire up?? I just put new gas in it. Also the little things that pull up on the carbs when you pull the throttle stay up and dont go back down without me pushing them closed again. Any ideas? thanks KZ 750 1982

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2010 21:13 #382445 by blue75kz900
Replied by blue75kz900 on topic Cant get her to fire!
Just did a lot of similar work on my KZ900.
For the throttle check for binding at the carbs. Could be be worn cables. Had that too years back and replaced both cables. Try removing the cables and see if the throttle works properly. Check cable adjustment after you put them back on.
As for not firing check the voltage at the coils.
A common wire from a connection under the gas tank feeds switched 12 volts to the coils from a fuse in the panel to the key switch and kill switch. Mine measured only 10.5 volts after clean up of the connections I was able to get 12 volts. My kill switch also died and I just soldered the wires together. Didn't like the kill switch thing anyway. I've also had jaming of the throttle when I didn't adjust them properly.
Good luck, bikes are a lot more fun when you just ride them instead of having to fix them

Blue 1975 KZ900
Gold 1970 Chevy Nova 427...Bike killer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.