Whont run without airbox ??

More
15 Jul 2010 00:22 - 15 Jul 2010 00:34 #382789 by wannaby
Replied by wannaby on topic Whont run without airbox ??
Holy crap I am missing all that???anybody got that stuff for donation or trade that converted to pods...Dont really need it cause gonna tear it down and go to pods eventually but would like to get it running nice before that just to see.Also missing all the other plumbing in the top box ...where do those big and small tubes go to?
Last edit: 15 Jul 2010 00:34 by wannaby. Reason: adding info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2010 12:01 #393009 by wannaby
Replied by wannaby on topic Whont run without airbox ??
wannaby wrote:

Holy crap I am missing all that???anybody got that stuff for donation or trade that converted to pods...Dont really need it cause gonna tear it down and go to pods eventually but would like to get it running nice before that just to see.Also missing all the other plumbing in the top box ...where do those big and small tubes go to?

Anybody....got this stuff or whant to sell it to me....

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
22 Aug 2010 12:34 #393014 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Whont run without airbox ??
Well I read through this thread, and what your are missing, the snorkel at the top of the airbox and the fresh air valve for the emissions won't cause the bike to run poorly. The vacuum nipples where the small tubing hooks yo to your intake manifolds should be capped off. Other wise the large hole left at the front of the airbox should be plugged as to not let any unfiltered air in. A large blanking grommet from an auto parts store will do this cleanly or you can make something for it.
If its running bad you need to diagnose why, check the basics. Good fuel, good spark, good compression, No vacuum leaks,etc. More than likely you will need to disassemble and clean those carbs, a valve clearance adjustment/ check, make sure the electrical system is good, good voltage to coils.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
22 Aug 2010 13:58 #393033 by hocbj23
Replied by hocbj23 on topic Whont run without airbox ??
I have all the stuff u are missing including the air box snorkle.If u really need/want it,PM me and I will make u a deal u cant refuse.Lol.bj

More
22 Aug 2010 15:03 #393040 by Kitten Tooth
Replied by Kitten Tooth on topic Whont run without airbox ??
As far as the snorkel thing that comes out of that airbox cover, it should run without that. my KZ1000 doesn't have one either. You will fight that bike till the day it blows up without a nice clean filter. For you reed valve tube in that parts diagram, just make sure that there are hoses coming off the top of the valve cover and converging into one that goes into the airbox. If yours is missing that switch, just run a hose from one opening on the valve cover to the other and it will be fine.

1981 Kawasaki KZ1000-K LTD
1983 Suzuki GS300L-D
1982 Suzuki GS300L-Z sold:(
1976 KZ400D3
1973 Z900... I WISH

DO A BARREL ROLL!!

More
25 Aug 2010 00:01 #393659 by kz110082
Replied by kz110082 on topic Whont run without airbox ??
hey. you said you had every nipple on the each carb blocked off right? do you have any vacuum lines running to the fuel Petcock? there should be a 1/4in line running from the nipple on the carb for cyl #2 to the Fuel petcock right above the fuel line. that gives proper signal to the tank that fuel is needed

1982 KZ1100A. no modifications yet