Rubber fuel line T-fitting question

More
08 Apr 2006 08:15 #37812 by Maxwedge
Rubber fuel line T-fitting question was created by Maxwedge
I am rebuilding the carbs on my 1980 kz650. The previous owner partially dissasembled them before I bought the bike and it looks like he damaged one of the fittings that go between the carbs where the fuel line attaches to. The thing is a black, T-shaped rubber coated tube with 2 sort of integrated o-ring deals on each end, one of which is chewed up pretty bad. Dealer wants $65 for a new one and said it may take 2 weeks to get it. Anybody know of a good way to fix this. Some type of sealer? Can I replace it with brass fittings of some sort? Is it possible to replace the o rings on this thing? Looks like it's all one peice, but may be just really gummed up?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2006 19:14 #37932 by kz1000g
Replied by kz1000g on topic Rubber fuel line T-fitting question
I have been told that you can use liquid electricial tape, but I have never tried it.

I just bought 2 of the T's from Z1 Enterprises last week $14.82 each www.z1enterprises.com

Paul Sr.
kz1000g

More
08 Apr 2006 19:41 #37940 by dan76kz900
Replied by dan76kz900 on topic Rubber fuel line T-fitting question
Mine werent chewed up, but they leaked after I put my carbs back together after the rebuild. I ended up wrapping alot of teflon tape around the ends and it worked :)

For $14.82 each.. I'd say thats worth the price for peace of mind. When I was looking for them, I couldnt find them for that cheap ! I'm gonna look and see if their avalaibe for my bike.

More
08 Apr 2006 20:24 #37953 by dan76kz900
Replied by dan76kz900 on topic Rubber fuel line T-fitting question
Mine werent chewed up, but they leaked after I put my carbs back together after the rebuild. I ended up wrapping alot of teflon tape around the ends and it worked :)

For $14.82 each.. I'd say thats worth the price for peace of mind. When I was looking for them, I couldnt find them for that cheap ! I'm gonna look and see if their avalaibe for my bike.

More
08 Apr 2006 20:43 #37956 by arobsum
Replied by arobsum on topic Rubber fuel line T-fitting question
my 2 were almost bare..no rubber left...
i used fuel safe sealant and smeared it
over each end and jammed them together..
its kinda permanent but it worked..no leaks.