fuel leak

More
04 Jun 2010 06:28 #373354 by mastermudd
fuel leak was created by mastermudd
i have a problem with fuel leaking thru the carbs. i assume that part of it is that i need to clean or replace the needle valves, but the issue i'm concerned with is that the pitcock isn't shutting off. it is vacuum operated with a reserve, prime, on positions. i replaced the pitcock a month or so ago but still leaks. could the vacuum be sticking somehow causing this. it will shut off at times and other times it won't. kind of bizarre. it's an 82 kz 1100 shaft drive
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jun 2010 06:54 - 04 Jun 2010 06:55 #373356 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic fuel leak
mastermudd wrote:

i have a problem with fuel leaking thru the carbs. i assume that part of it is that i need to clean or replace the needle valves, but the issue i'm concerned with is that the pitcock isn't shutting off. it is vacuum operated with a reserve, prime, on positions. i replaced the pitcock a month or so ago but still leaks. could the vacuum be sticking somehow causing this. it will shut off at times and other times it won't. kind of bizarre. it's an 82 kz 1100 shaft drive

Imo not a question of "vacuum sticking" because vacuum is supposed to simply allow fuel passage through the petcock ON and RES positions.

Would consider ---
Click > Petcock Repair Kit from Z1E

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 04 Jun 2010 06:55 by Patton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.