Bench synch TK 22's - 1982 550 LTD

More
16 May 2010 12:07 #368302 by apbling
Bench synch TK 22's - 1982 550 LTD was created by apbling
Hi everyone,
Now that I have my TK 22's put back together and all circuits/jets clean and clear, I need some advice on bench synch'ing them and setting the fast idle mechanism.

I've bench synch before, but I forgot what a good rule of thumb is for "amount open" on the throttle. I think last time I did it I just set all 4 equal so I could just barely see light coming through.

Also, I've epoxied over where my choke doors should have been and I'm pretty excited to see how it works with a more usable choke. However, I notice when I engage the choke, the fast idle mechansism is far enough out of adjustment that it doesn't actually open the slides at all. How far should the fast idle lift the slide up when the choke is engaged?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2010 15:07 #368355 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Bench synch TK 22's - 1982 550 LTD
Do this mod and you can experiment with the fast idle speed without any trouble.
home.comcast.net/~loudgpz/GPZweb/Carbure...PZchokeScrewMod.html

More
17 May 2010 06:22 #368479 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic Bench synch TK 22's - 1982 550 LTD
I actually remembered this link you sent me a few weeks back. It'll be curious to see how it works with the holes epoxied over. When you start yours on choke do you have to cotinually adjust it while it's running, or is it more of a every few weeks tweak it?

More
17 May 2010 07:09 #368493 by jonnygorman
Replied by jonnygorman on topic Bench synch TK 22's - 1982 550 LTD
Not sure if this will help, but I just did a bench synch on my cv's and could not get #2 to open enough to sunch 1 and 2 together and later have match 3 and four. After fumbling around like a moron for 10 minutes, I was enlightened by the fact that I had to adjusted the fast idle screw in order to get #2 to stay open at all. I am keeping fingers crossed that upon start up it won't rev into the stratosphere.

Jon

More
17 May 2010 08:20 #368501 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Bench synch TK 22's - 1982 550 LTD
apbling wrote:

I actually remembered this link you sent me a few weeks back. It'll be curious to see how it works with the holes epoxied over. When you start yours on choke do you have to cotinually adjust it while it's running, or is it more of a every few weeks tweak it?

Once I get it set right, it more of a seasonal thing. I'll adjust it a few times at the beginning of summer, then once I have a good setting, I'll leave it until the weather changes in the fall.

I'm not sure what will happen with the flaps blocked. I think it'll just mean you'll have a very limited throttle range until you take the bike off the choke, but I don't think you'll have to play with the fast-idle screw much more after you get a system figured out.