Carb kits purchase

More
26 Apr 2010 15:34 #363347 by Wstar425
Carb kits purchase was created by Wstar425
Hi all,

Working on a buddies 1977 KZ1000 A1. The kick starter gear was seized on the shaft as well as the output bearing was toast. I got all that covered and starting to dig into the carbs. Wondering if there is a resident carb guy with kits for sale here on the site. I'm on a V65 and a ZL900 forum and they both have members that sale kits. I would prefer to buy from the site if possible. Did some searching and did not come up with anything.

Otherwise, I have bought from this place before and it seems like fairly good product and not terrible prices.

Bike has sat for two years, has at least two float valves leaking and multiple jets plugged. I do have carb cleaner but have not had a lot of luck getting the tiny jets unplugged and instead of removing carbs the second time I think I am leaning towards just buying the kit and be done with it.

SO, what can you tell me along these lines?

Thanks, Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2010 15:57 #363355 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Carb kits purchase
Z-1 enterprises can hook you up with rebuild kits...19.50 a carb.....they are site sponsors here and damn nice folks....
make sure you clean out the tiny holes in the choke pick-up and emulsion tubes also......carb clean and compressed air will provide satisfactory results......strip em right down but you can leave em on the rack.....

More
26 Apr 2010 16:03 #363360 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Carb kits purchase
I think the Keyster kits are very good, come with every part you need.

1979 KZ-750 Twin