Main jet plug chop results

• spudbudy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Kick it like you mean it
More
25 Apr 2010 11:42 #363098 by spudbudy
Main jet plug chop results was created by spudbudy
Ok Gang, here are the plug results after doing the airbox mod that increased the intake size @300%. The plugs look lean to me but what do I know it could just be I didn't run it hard or long enough to get good coloring on the plugs.All plugs were run @ least 1/2 mile. let me know what you all think.
s640.photobucket.com/albums/uu129/spudbu...0jet%20plug%20chops/

78 KZ 650B2. Vetter faring, Dyna S, Dyna Green coils, WG coil mod,AGM Battery, VM26SS carbs, Pilot jet 15, mains 110, jet clip #2 shimmed position, Modified stock air box, stock air filter, Kerker 4 into 1 with stock baffle. currently 48,785 miles. :-) and climbing daily.:-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
25 Apr 2010 11:52 #363105 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic Main jet plug chop results
Looks like you didnt run long enough to color them. New plugs SUCK for this, as well as new super clean detergent gas.
Forget the plug chop crap, your just wasting money.
What Jet gave you the most power/fastest accelleration?

Keep going richer till you get the peak power out of her, then stick her on one size richer.

Why not just run pods?

The airbox is designed as a tuned area of back pressure like a speaker. Any change to pass more air ruins the tuning... or makes it better! Who knows... could of screwed it or revolutionized air box dynamics. :laugh:

GL!

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

• spudbudy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Kick it like you mean it
More
25 Apr 2010 12:08 #363114 by spudbudy
Replied by spudbudy on topic Main jet plug chop results
Yes I agree the plugs all look lean I'm thinking maybe its the brand of gas as I use 2 different ones who knows.so far all the runs I've done in 4th gear kinda run outta stream around 9K give or take a few hundred rpm I'm going to keep upsizing and see what happens. as long as I have bigger jets to try.

78 KZ 650B2. Vetter faring, Dyna S, Dyna Green coils, WG coil mod,AGM Battery, VM26SS carbs, Pilot jet 15, mains 110, jet clip #2 shimmed position, Modified stock air box, stock air filter, Kerker 4 into 1 with stock baffle. currently 48,785 miles. :-) and climbing daily.:-)