carburetor help 81 kz440b

More
29 Mar 2010 21:28 #357108 by donga1
carburetor help 81 kz440b was created by donga1
I am attempting to rebuild the carbs in my 81 kz440b. I have no experience in carbs and I'm having trouble finding where everything in the carb kit is to replace it... So i guess I am asking if anyone has a diagram or any know how that could help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2010 06:37 - 30 Mar 2010 06:48 #357169 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic carburetor help 81 kz440b
Kawasaki.com has diagrams in the Owner Info section.
I find it easiest to do the Search-by-Model-Info without fumbling around w a vin or anything. Just click continue then select a year only, then choose a bike from the list.

Try to figure out what the carbs really need before buying kits or anything. You'll probably need new gaskets & o-rings, but the brass bits may be fine. However, kits may be the easiest route & perhaps cost about the same. Get K&L parts if possible. Or OEM of course.

The big bugaboo is probably going to be the rubber vacuum slides. I have no idea how readily available they are or how pricey. Someone on ebbaayy sells the rubber parts for repairing the vacuum slides. A how-to is in the item description - it seems fairly simple. Search ebbaayy for KZ440 diaphragm rubber.

Z1Enterprises.com is usually a good place to start when getting stuff for your bike. They don't list everything & they sell oem Kawasaki parts that are still available.
If something isn't listed, contact them w your needs.

FYI: the KZ440 needs the stock airbox properly installed for that bike to run right. Those carbs are supposedly virtually impossible to tune otherwise.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2010 06:48 by JMKZHI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.