Carb Tubes

More
26 Mar 2010 17:39 #356384 by sft1662
Carb Tubes was created by sft1662
First --- Does anyone have the sizes and/or a source of the different tubes for the big vents, small vents, and fuel line? Any recommendations for a good in-line fuel filter, I have one but am going to replace it when I work on my carbs and I also want to replace all the old/crusty/stiff fuel and vent lines while I'm at it.

Also --- Does anyone know of the size of clear tubing that is needed for the clear tube float level test? and how to attach it to the drain hole without the "special kawasaki tool" that is shown in the manual?

Finally --- Are there any gaskets that normally need replacing during a carb cleaning?

Thanks

-Image courtesy of a post that I found...

1978 KZ650 B2A
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2010 17:51 #356392 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Carb Tubes
You should be able to get fuel line, inline filter and float bowl gaskets at z1enterprises.com Someone with similar carbs should be along soon with sizes (probably 1/4 inch ID) and advise on the clear tube method. For vent and overflow lines I use black tubing designed for windshield washer fluid which I find in local auto parts store next to wipers. It is resistant to oil and gas. Size is something like 9/32 but not totally sure. I kinda know by looking at the display what will fit

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
27 Mar 2010 06:14 - 27 Mar 2010 06:15 #356506 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Carb Tubes
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationsft1662 wrote:

First --- Does anyone have the sizes and/or a source of the different tubes for the big vents, small vents, and fuel line? Any recommendations for a good in-line fuel filter, I have one but am going to replace it when I work on my carbs and I also want to replace all the old/crusty/stiff fuel and vent lines while I'm at it.

These are metric sizes but I've had good luck with 1/4" fuel line.

Also --- Does anyone know of the size of clear tubing that is needed for the clear tube float level test? and how to attach it to the drain hole without the "special kawasaki tool" that is shown in the manual?

Instead of figuring out what size tubing to jam into carb just get one of these. Works fantastic!

Finally --- Are there any gaskets that normally need replacing during a carb cleaning?

I bought kits when I did mine but generally you don't have to replace any gaskets if in good shape. But kits will have new needle and seats for fuel bowl which might be leaking.

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Last edit: 27 Mar 2010 06:15 by Bluemeanie.

More
27 Mar 2010 09:48 #356536 by sft1662
Replied by sft1662 on topic Carb Tubes
Thanks for the help guys. I ordered a fresh fuel-line filter, some 1/4" tubing, 1 carb kit in-case I need to replace a piece, and a set of float bowl gaskets. (bought it late last night and Z1 already shipped...that company rules!) I was hoping to check float level ASAP so I might just go buy some small tubing and see if I can rig it. For like 12$ shipped I'll probably order one of those pre-assembled tools for future use...

thanks again

1978 KZ650 B2A