vacuum petcock question

More
22 Mar 2010 00:28 #355349 by bigD82kzltd
vacuum petcock question was created by bigD82kzltd
got a question for you guys that might sound stupid. I have an 82 kz1000 ltd. bs34 carbs and a vacuum petcock. I swear that somewhere I read that the petcock should get vacuum from two of the carbs and not just one. So today I ran a vacuum line from carbs two and four into a tee and then to the petcock. Is there any problem with doing this? I was having a problem with the bike running in the on postion for the petcock. But it would run great in the reserve position. I took the petcock out and checked the screen and took it apart and looked at all the inside. it was really clean on the inside so I just cleaned everything and put it back together. I have not tried to run it with the new vacuum line yet so I figure I would ask the dumb question if there is a downfall or if it will screw something up before I ran it. An I did take everyone's advice and put an inline fuel filter in as well. Thanks guys for all the advice. it is greatly appreciated.

David

1982 kz1000 ltd 4 into 1 vance and hines with baffle and pod filters. stock engine that was rebuilt but don't know at how many miles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TeK9iNe
  • User
  • What did you do!?!
More
22 Mar 2010 09:06 #355390 by TeK9iNe
Replied by TeK9iNe on topic vacuum petcock question
What your doing is fine.

You can also just cap the vacuum lines and run the bike in the prime position, and use on or res as an off position.

GL

B)

Motorcycle Shop Owner/Operator

79 Kawie Z1000 LTD
81 Kawie Z1000 CSR
83 Honda VT750C A
85 Kawie GPZ900 A2
86 Zukie GS1150 EG
93 Yamie XV1100 E
Lucky to have rolled many old bikes through my doors ;)

More
22 Mar 2010 13:35 #355455 by bigD82kzltd
Replied by bigD82kzltd on topic vacuum petcock question
thanks for confirming that for me.

1982 kz1000 ltd 4 into 1 vance and hines with baffle and pod filters. stock engine that was rebuilt but don't know at how many miles