So how does all this work??

• cricketfire46
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Mar 2010 11:15 #354041 by cricketfire46
So how does all this work?? was created by cricketfire46
I am finally getting the 750 h-4 put back together. The one thing I know I hate is the stupid airbox and those little hoses that connect the carbs to the box. The easiest solution I can think of is switching to pods. I have already upgraded to a mac 4>1 and did not re-jet like I should have. There was a little difference in the way it ran with the stock jets in the keihin's. I know that swapping to the pods will definitely require re jetting. This is where the confusion comes in.

I read that swapping to a 4>1 should go up 2 sizes with factory airbox. I also read that pods require +2 sizes. Not really sure if that meant main jets and primaries or not.

How do I find the stock jet size?
How many sizes do I need to go up?
Where can I get the jets?

I have searched the forums and have not been able to find the answers in black and white. If someone could point me in the right direction to a thread that discussed this or if you can answer the questions I would appreciate it.

All help welcome, criticism and suggestions welcome too. Thanks in advance guys

83 kz750 ltd, dyna coils, k&n, mac 4->1 just rolled 50k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2010 11:45 #354044 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic So how does all this work??
As you already know, with MAC headers, it is not always necessary to rejet as long as you retain the stock airbox. If you are set on going the pod route, then you'll have to rejet. Your bike has Keihin CV34 carbs with main jets = 65 (primary) 90 (secondary), pilot jet = 35, jet needle = N10A, and non-adjustable pilot screws and jet clip positions. Can't help you on changing any of the above as I've not done it on CV Keihins...however, I suspect different size jets can be purchased through www.Z1Enterprises.com

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
17 Mar 2010 13:39 #354064 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic So how does all this work??
cricketfire46 wrote:

....The one thing I know I hate is the stupid airbox and those little hoses that connect the carbs to the box. The easiest solution I can think of is switching to pods. ...

Do you simply not like fooling w the airbox ducts? Or are yours old & hard? If the latter, then a new oem set for your bike is listed as being available at Z1Enterprises.com for ~$44. New ones would be the easiest solution to me.

• cricketfire46
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Mar 2010 15:11 #354087 by cricketfire46
Replied by cricketfire46 on topic So how does all this work??
JMKZHI wrote:

Do you simply not like fooling w the airbox ducts? Or are yours old & hard? If the latter, then a new oem set for your bike is listed as being available at Z1Enterprises.com for ~$44. New ones would be the easiest solution to me.

They are soft and pliable, I just hate having to deal with them. My short fat fingers dont work too well at lining the ducts up. If there is an easy way to fix that (the ducts not the short fat fingers) I am all ears

83 kz750 ltd, dyna coils, k&n, mac 4->1 just rolled 50k

More
17 Mar 2010 17:15 - 17 Mar 2010 17:16 #354105 by sabell
Replied by sabell on topic So how does all this work??
The trick I was taught here is to roll the carb end of the ducts back onto themselves, and that gives you some xtra room to work with. Once the carbs are in place then one by one unroll them on to each carb.

'78 KZ1000A2
'79 650SR
Last edit: 17 Mar 2010 17:16 by sabell.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
17 Mar 2010 17:21 #354106 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic So how does all this work??
On my 900 I also find that it's easier to have the carbs underneath the carb holders and airbox tubes, rather than trying to come down from above. Just had to do this again tonight...not sure if it's the same on the 750.