83 KZ550 vac lines

More
21 Nov 2009 16:58 #335108 by Tbird232ci
83 KZ550 vac lines was created by Tbird232ci
Hey guys, I have an 83 KZ550C LTD. I got the bike taken apart, and I've put it back together the best I can and had it running, but it's time to tie up loose ends.

First, there are T's between 1-2 and 3-4 carbs, the T broke off. What did the line's that attached to those T's go to, and is there a replacement for the T's?

Next, on two of the carb holders, there were lines. One went to the petcock, but I don't know where the other one went.

Also, I bought an airbox off of ebay, since I threw my stock one away, and there is a line coming off of that. Is there any purpose for that line?

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2009 20:52 #335152 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 83 KZ550 vac lines
Tbird232ci wrote:

Hey guys, I have an 83 KZ550C LTD. I got the bike taken apart, and I've put it back together the best I can and had it running, but it's time to tie up loose ends.

First, there are T's between 1-2 and 3-4 carbs, the T broke off. What did the line's that attached to those T's go to, and is there a replacement for the T's?

Next, on two of the carb holders, there were lines. One went to the petcock, but I don't know where the other one went.

Also, I bought an airbox off of ebay, since I threw my stock one away, and there is a line coming off of that. Is there any purpose for that line?

Thanks guys, any help is appreciated.

T's between 1-2 and 3-4 carbs, the T broke off. What did the line's that attached to those T's go to, and is there a replacement for the T's? --- am thinking those T's are for vent hoses (float bowl vents) that exit to open air, typically routed underneath the seat or underneath the bike.

:unsure: Might possibly find replacement T's at www.sudco.com .

Next, on two of the carb holders, there were lines. One went to the petcock, but I don't know where the other one went. --- am guessing the mystery line is used in connection with oem pollution control apparatus, and that it may be tossed, with the nipple on carb holder then being capped like the other two carb holder nipples unused in normal engine operation.

Also, I bought an airbox off of ebay, since I threw my stock one away, and there is a line coming off of that. Is there any purpose for that line? --- same guessing that used in connection with oem pollution control apparatus, and that such line may be tossed, and that resulting hole in airbox be plugged or otherwise sealed.

The cam cover has two reed valve caps on the top front side, with fittings for hose connections. These fittings may be connected to each other with a single hose. Or each fitting may be individually capped off, plugged, or otherwise sealed.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.