smoke,hesitation,and popping.

• roccbottom
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1984 gpz1100, 1995 kz1000p
More
27 Sep 2009 17:03 #324342 by roccbottom
smoke,hesitation,and popping. was created by roccbottom
guru's i need your help. i have a 1984 gpz 1100,stock engine.4 into 1 yoshimura exhaust.vm 29 carbs with pods.it starts right up,but when i hit the throttle i get hesitation, and brown smoke.when i shut it down i pulled off the pods and # 2 carb was smoking. as usual all advice is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2009 17:20 #324345 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic smoke,hesitation,and popping.
brown smoke is from overheating....can ya give a little more info as far as history?....i m guessing the bike was converted over from injection?....not gpz expert...

More
27 Sep 2009 17:52 #324365 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic smoke,hesitation,and popping.
84 gpz1100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know we just met but,i think i love you! is it silver by any chance? :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

• roccbottom
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
27 Sep 2009 18:12 #324377 by roccbottom
Replied by roccbottom on topic smoke,hesitation,and popping.
the fuel injection was removed,and the mikuni carbs were on it when it was given to me.it has 125 mains i cant remove the others, to check. i had ridden it about 3 months ago, and the only problem was it was not charging.

More
27 Sep 2009 18:26 #324381 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic smoke,hesitation,and popping.
roccbottom wrote:

guru's i need your help. i have a 1984 gpz 1100,stock engine.4 into 1 yoshimura exhaust.vm 29 carbs with pods.it starts right up,but when i hit the throttle i get hesitation, and brown smoke.when i shut it down i pulled off the pods and # 2 carb was smoking. as usual all advice is appreciated.

you need to assess what you have....oil at proper level,gas good, spark good, compression good......has bike been sitting for years before you fired it up?...there are a lot of variables......

• roccbottom
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Nov 2009 16:21 #331171 by roccbottom
Replied by roccbottom on topic smoke,hesitation,and popping.
Well guys its been a minute.but I finally got around to solving 90% of the problem IMO, I finally did the wg ignition upgrade.MAN she woke up!!! i now have snap in the throttle,smooth throttle response,and even idle up to red line,when i back off the throttle,last issue the puff uf dark smoke,when i rev it high and let go, So to those that chimed with the informative suggestions.I thank you, keep the knowledge flowing....peace and chicken grease RB.