KZ750 Carbs

More
22 Sep 2009 18:11 #323349 by rayellis
KZ750 Carbs was created by rayellis
I was looking at my carbs on my 1980 KZ750-4 and noticed that the hoses were not on the bike when I bought it.Can anyone tell me what hoses go where? I have one hose coming out the center of the carb and one coming just left of the center hose on carb #2(left to right sitting on bike).The gas tank was just sitting on bike not even bolted and clear fuel line was on gas tank but not on carb.

The air cleaner was hooked up with the small plastic hoses coming out of the bottom carb bowls on each carb going to air box.One is missing and I will replace it.

Really appreciate any help I can get. Thank you guys I don't know what I would do with out your help.

Thanks Again
Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2009 07:39 - 23 Sep 2009 07:42 #323468 by JR
Replied by JR on topic KZ750 Carbs
My 1980 750/4 is a Canadian model so connections my not be identical.

See photo

Underneath you can see the overflow hoses which connect to the little nipple on the bottom of the float bowl.

On the mid - upper left of the pic (carb #1) you can see a vacuum cap on the vacuum nipple. There are also vacuum caps on the same nipples on carbs 3 and 4.

The vacuum nipple on carb #2 connects to a vacuum line which goes to the smaller of the two nipples on the petcock. I think the ID is 3/8 inch for this line.

The fuel line (1/4 inch ?) and filter from the larger nipple on the petcock connects to a T junction which should be able to swivel and is located between carbs 2 and 3 just a tad above the level of he float bowls.

I hate clear fuel line. Some kinds harden and kink and stop gas flow

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Sep 2009 07:42 by JR.

More
23 Sep 2009 07:41 #323469 by JR
Photo #2 shows fuel line and filter.

Hope this helps

Attachments:

More
23 Sep 2009 10:28 #323491 by rayellis
Replied by rayellis on topic KZ750 Carbs
Thanks for the pictures they really helped out. I think this is about the way I had it hooked up but yesterday I had a vacuum line hooked to gas.Yes,it is different instead of plugs it has vacuum hoses on 3 of the carbs. I fixed that and bike is running. I have all kinds of leaks from carb I will have to look at.I had it running great in my garage but when I pulled it out ,exhaust fumes not good, it did not run as well and the fuel leaks on carb became more visible.Most of the leaks are from the bowl overflow so I think I might have some stuck floats. I think this can be fixed easily.

I still have low compression on cylinder #4 at 60psi this is down from the 90psi I had a few weeks ago. I still think I might have a valve stuck open and will work on that before top end rebuild. I will put some mystery oil in that cylinder and see what happens!!! I could do that leak down test but don't have tester ;will need to build one.

Really hoping and praying that running motor will solve the low compression problem on cylinder #4 all others had 180psi.I appreciate your help and all others on this website that is the only reason I have a bike running after it was under water in Hurricane Katrina 4 years ago!!

Thank You
Ray

More
23 Sep 2009 15:51 #323543 by JR
OK, You probably had that US anti smog system with lines running out of the top of the valve cover and connecting with lines from the carbs. I hear a lot of guys on here say they got rid of that stuff by linking one line between each of the valve cover nipples and capping the nipples on the carbs.

Wow, a bike brought back from under water !!
I'm thinking you may have sand and dirt from all that water make its way into the engine via the carbs and the exhaust and any open valves.

Good luck:)