kz 900 jet size. help please

More
01 Sep 2009 17:51 #318360 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic kz 900 jet size. help please
My experience messing with the needle only makes things far worse. Should be able to jet accordingly with added mods. Get rid of that skinny wire that can't flow any current and give the coils what they need. Major diff. in power and no bog. Use a thick wire going from the relay to the batt. If the bog goes away and the plugs color lightens, go to a 120 main. Better yet go to a twin turbo busa, it doesn't have be your credit card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2009 18:13 #318365 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic kz 900 jet size. help please
nads.com wrote:

My experience messing with the needle only makes things far worse. Should be able to jet accordingly with added mods. Get rid of that skinny wire that can't flow any current and give the coils what they need. Major diff. in power and no bog. Use a thick wire going from the relay to the batt. If the bog goes away and the plugs color lightens, go to a 120 main. Better yet go to a twin turbo busa, it doesn't have be your credit card.

new batt, new reg/rec combo and accel coils/wires.....fires any mixture and i know i m getting home....do "the mod" with old crappy parts and well you have "the mod" with a shit coil on the side of the road......and if it werent for the insurance cost, i d be sporting that new zx14 at the local stealership.....on sale ...2k off.......:laugh:

More
01 Sep 2009 18:35 #318370 by asevans
Replied by asevans on topic kz 900 jet size. help please
ok. i need to do the mod. i need to do a lot of things on this bike. its a nice bike just needs somebody who knows what their doing. i moved to needle clip down one. raising the needle. while i got the carbs off ill put a 20 pilot jet in since tim knows his shit. ill see how it goes. the mod is the next thing.

1976 kz900 Mostly stock
1978 Z1-R Project