carb bowl hoses!!!!!!

• Skyman
  • User
  • 1978 KZ1000-B2 LTD 1982 KZ1000-M2 CSR
More
27 Aug 2009 15:49 #316802 by Skyman
Replied by Skyman on topic carb bowl hoses!!!!!!
KOOL RYDER wrote:

As it is the Number 1 carb and it is easily accessable you could try to tap the carb with a rubber hammer or something that will not damge the carb body. This will 7 out of 10 times dislodge a stuck float and allow the needle to seat.

Where's the fun in that? :silly: :blink:

Yeah, sorry. Forgot about trying the easy stuff first. B)

West Linn, OR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2009 13:01 #317054 by ohioKZnut
Replied by ohioKZnut on topic carb bowl hoses!!!!!!
Well i tapped on carb with a rubber mallet,and it worked,so i took for a couple mile test drive,and after the first mile it stuck open again.Get her home and tap again and stopped,but was unable to ride due to weather,so what im thinking is that theres a peice of something in there?I have a good fuel filter on it,so dont know how,unless carbs need cleaned real bad.we'll see after Saturday,im going to remove lower bowl and try from that angle.

78 KZ 650

More
28 Aug 2009 17:48 #317148 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic carb bowl hoses!!!!!!
Some second rate cheap tricks ---

Might try flushing the float valve by opening the floatbowl drain screw and allowing fuel to run through the float valve for a few moments.

This should also help flush away any loose grit from inside the bowl.

Messy and smelly, so would do this outside and place some shop rags under the bowl to catch the escaping fuel.

While the drain remains open, may also spray carb cleaner through the fuel intake tee so it will pass through the float valve. Remove inline filter and spray into fuel line.

Wear safety goggles, as back spray is likely.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
28 Aug 2009 19:14 #317172 by chance
Replied by chance on topic carb bowl hoses!!!!!!
What does the tank look like inside ?The screen in the tank and filter will only stop bigger trash/grit the powder rust/dirt will clog your float needles too. Just wondering lot of folks don't check for rust on the top of the tank inside . A little mec.mirror on a stick and a flashlight will show the top where even clean looking tanks will rust on top first from condensation.

More
28 Aug 2009 20:42 #317188 by ohioKZnut
Replied by ohioKZnut on topic carb bowl hoses!!!!!!
Ok,ill try to flush it tomarrow.As far as my filter,i have a outside filter running inbetween petcock hose,and carb hose.But ima yank it tomarrow to,thanks for the tips.

78 KZ 650

More
28 Aug 2009 22:17 #317223 by TerryK
Replied by TerryK on topic carb bowl hoses!!!!!!
Nothing to add here. As usual, you guys covered all the bases! I love this place! :cheer:

1977 KZ1000
GSXR swingarm and rear brake
WM6 rear Akront rim
Wiseco 1075c pistons
33 smoothbores
stage 3 Web Cams
Head porting
Dyna S ignition
Lockhart oil cooler
Wiseco header

1980 Z1R drag bike
1200cc
38 Flatslides, .
500' cams
7" slick
Dyan 4000 SP ignition
etc

Ontario, Canada