IT LIVES AGAIN!!!

• IowaKZ
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
More
20 Aug 2009 18:24 #315376 by IowaKZ
IT LIVES AGAIN!!! was created by IowaKZ
Well, I finally got my G1 running again. I had it running but would not idle. I tried a bunch of things but finally got around to squiring some fluid around the joint between the intakes and the engine.

I know, I know, some folks told me to try this 2 weeks ago, but sometimes I'm a stubborn douch. In looking at the engine, I could not see a gap, I also couldn't understand how a small gap could make a big difference.

So, my wife is holding open the air gate just enough to keep it running, I'm squirting wd 40 at #1 and Nothing, so I go to #4. no change in the rpms, but then it starts spitting back at me. Then I see a flash in #3. i told my wife this and she said "that's where I saw it shoot out fire the other night" (3 or 4 weeks ago when I was still fighting the timing issue). Only she didn't know exactly where it was, more of an out the corner of her eye thing. (by the way, this was not an issue before, but during the teardown I cleaned up a lot of dirt and gunk, I guess I got it too clean?)

so I took it all apart, put on some Yamabond, put it back together, and BEHOLD ---- IT LIVES. Fired up and it died. Had the gas turned off. Turned it on, fired it up, then fiddled with the idle a little bit. Then I put the seat on, and took it for a short ride.

Tomorrow, I ride to work.

Thanks to everyone here who listened and offered comments. Special thanks to my wife who kept me company while i worked, offered encouragement, and even helped me figure out how to get the part I dropped out of the oil pan. true story.

Sorry for the long post, but it's been a great day:

1. We found out that instead of a new air conditioner, we only need a new breaker.

2. My high school senior son got the part he wanted in the musical

3. My bike is ready to roll!!!

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2009 18:53 #315385 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic IT LIVES AGAIN!!!
Quick, buy a lottery ticket!!!

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

• IowaKZ
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
More
20 Aug 2009 20:02 #315418 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic IT LIVES AGAIN!!!
you know, I was in for the Powerball, but no luck. Guess 3 out of 4 isn't bad. HA HA

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

More
20 Aug 2009 20:07 #315422 by TerryK
Replied by TerryK on topic IT LIVES AGAIN!!!
IowaKZ wrote:

you know, I was in for the Powerball, but no luck. Guess 3 out of 4 isn't bad. HA HA

Yeah, don't get greedy. You should have bought the ticket before you fixed the bike. :P

1977 KZ1000
GSXR swingarm and rear brake
WM6 rear Akront rim
Wiseco 1075c pistons
33 smoothbores
stage 3 Web Cams
Head porting
Dyna S ignition
Lockhart oil cooler
Wiseco header

1980 Z1R drag bike
1200cc
38 Flatslides, .
500' cams
7" slick
Dyan 4000 SP ignition
etc

Ontario, Canada

More
20 Aug 2009 23:48 #315468 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic IT LIVES AGAIN!!!
IowaKZ wrote:

Thanks to everyone here who listened and offered comments. Special thanks to my wife who kept me company while i worked, offered encouragement, and even helped me figure out how to get the part I dropped out of the oil pan. true story.

Come on, now I know the story has to be fake like one of those letters to Penthouse Forum.:laugh:

We are so jealous now.....

If you tell me she gives backrubs I am going to cry.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

• IowaKZ
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
More
21 Aug 2009 07:48 - 21 Aug 2009 07:49 #315504 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic IT LIVES AGAIN!!!
back rubs and front rubs.:woohoo:

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa
Last edit: 21 Aug 2009 07:49 by IowaKZ.