Carb Sync Questions

More
12 Aug 2009 20:13 #313512 by mzandmz
Carb Sync Questions was created by mzandmz
What tool have you bought to syncronize your carbs? Are there any from Z1.com that work ok? They want $150.00 bucks around here to sync my carbs. Spend that much you mays well buy one.Any other place to buy one cheeper that will work good. I've talked to alot of people around here and no one has one. I think #1#2 are a little higher then #3 and #4, Number 1 and 2 plugs are Black carbon covered,Number 3 and 4 are almost white,look good. Bike is a little hesitant on throttling up

New to Family, 1979 KZ440 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2009 21:01 #313523 by ndeli55
Replied by ndeli55 on topic Carb Sync Questions
www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=1689

there is one. I used the 4 gauge variation and liked it ok.

like these. Others on here can tell you which one to buy

www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=2727

1978 kz650B stock
1973 rd250 (in 1000 pieces)

More
12 Aug 2009 21:23 #313525 by KAWAMIKIE
Replied by KAWAMIKIE on topic Carb Sync Questions
It doesn't get any cheaper than this one. I just built one yesterday. On another board I use there are several people using the same setup with great success.
www.powerchutes.com/manometer.asp

81 KZ1000 LTD
08 ZX14 Ninja

• hugo
  • Sustaining Member
  • '92 Zephyr 750
More
13 Aug 2009 08:00 #313592 by hugo
Replied by hugo on topic Carb Sync Questions
I use the Morgan carbtuner, but it is expensive. Made in the UK. Like the Mo Pro uses steel bars, not Mercury, which is considered a hazardous metal. Not good for human skin. Of course, Mercury is cheapest and you can make your own, but again, I prefer to stay away from Mercury. Heard also that is not impossible to be sucked by engine, if reved too high.

More
13 Aug 2009 10:31 #313677 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Carb Sync Questions
Many years ago I made a set of carb tool restrictors following an article from a man named Joe Minton I found in a motorcycle magazine(maybe Cycle Guide).

I used some scrap solid 1/4" brass rods cut about 3/8"-1/2" long(Delrin would work as well) I drilled a 1/8" hole almost 98% through and used a #80 drill bit(0.0135) to complete the hole. #80 bits and pin vise's can be purchased at most good hobby shops.

I suggest a drill press be used along with a drill press vise and a small pin vise for the #80 drill bit as it is very small and will break easily.

When drilling the #80 bit use some light oil,slow feed and the highest drill speed available.

Put the constructed restrictors about 2 inches in the manometer's engine end using some light oil as a lubricant.

Install them with the small hole is away from the tube opening to avoid damage. They will limit the pulsations and greatly reduce the chance or Mercury(if you use it) trying to escape through the very small openings.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)