wired george please read

More
02 Jul 2009 19:47 #303995 by telefunkin
wired george please read was created by telefunkin
WG you seem to be the authority on carbs around here so I'm hoping you can help. I have a 81 KZ750 H2 all stock. I replaced the old carbs with a new set and have not been able to get the bike to run proper since. The old carbs are no good, cracked casing(don't ask). The new ones came off a 1983 KZ750F1 LTD, engraving on the body says Keihin #1739 UK18 CV34. There are a few differences, the new ones have the T connections for breather tubes and my old ones did not. I don't think that should be much of an issue. The thing that boggles me is on my old set I had 3 jets, pilot needle/main and one other. The new set only has the pilot and needle/main. The spot for the other jet looks like it is plugged and there is no threading to put a jet in there.

The bike runs and idles rich and is only getting about 15-20mpg. I took down the jet & needle sizes but left the info at the shop. Anyway, If you have any thoughts on what jet sizes I should be using I would definately appreciate the help. That missing 3rd jet that apparently is not used on the new carb is really throwing me for a loop.

If anyone else has seen this setup on a CV34 please chime in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2009 19:58 #303999 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic wired george please read
You try his website....

www.wgcarbs.com/

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
02 Jul 2009 20:24 #304005 by telefunkin
Replied by telefunkin on topic wired george please read
Thanks OMR, i did not realise he had a forum on there. I'll post this up for him once my registration is accepted.