NOOB

More
29 Jun 2009 19:44 #303226 by Jackson123
NOOB was created by Jackson123
Im very new at bikes but love learning, i just picked up a CLEAN 77 kz650 for a mere 800. anyway, i was wondering about jetting, i saw the only jet kits were for 78 and newer.... is there a kit out there for the grandpa?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2009 20:11 #303241 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic NOOB
Hi and welcome to the site. Typically you don't need to rejet unless there have been modifications made to the bike. If the bike is clean and stock I wouldn't touch the jetting. I've owned my '77 650 since new and the stock carbs & jetting work perfectly fine, but that may be because I have kept the rest of it stock as well. If there have been mods made rejetting may be necesssary, but from what I've seen on this site it takes a good deal of patience and skill to get it right. Is the bike stock and are there any performance problems you're trying to correct? No matter what, you may want to start with a thorough tune-up first to establish a baseline. These bikes are good performers when properly tuned (you might be pleasantly surprised after a good tune-up). If you don't already have the Kawasaki factory service manual I highly recommend you get one. They're full of info that you will need to understand how the various systems on the bike work and how to adjust everything. They're readily available on eBay, just be sure it's for your exact model. Oh, and we must have pictures (please). Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• Grantl
  • User
  • KZRider is Da Bomb!!!
More
29 Jun 2009 20:13 #303242 by Grantl
Replied by Grantl on topic NOOB
Hi Jackson123,
welcome to the site. I don't know about jets for your bike since I'm not sure which carbs you might have. What I am sure of is, someone on here way smarter than I can answer your question,
Cheers,
Grant.

1981 KZ1000 CSR
1983 KZ750 Project Bike
1990 550 Zephyr
1994 KZ1000 P

More
29 Jun 2009 22:50 #303284 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic NOOB
Welcome to KZR. Yes we need more info on your set up. I've had my 77 scene new also but my bike is far from stock so I think we can help.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
30 Jun 2009 20:04 #303509 by Jackson123
Replied by Jackson123 on topic NOOB
I appreciate the help, i need to clean the rust from my gastank, and rebuild the carbs... i think