Will Mikuni VM22SS Carbs work on 1980 KZ750E bike?

More
26 Jun 2009 13:52 #302281 by TJMD
OK_I'm on the cheap,and I no longer have my KEIHIN CV34 carb rack.What I do have is (if I can get the pics in) a rack of MIKUNI VM22SS carbs.I had these in a box in my garage and what was written on the box was: "Original 1978 KZ650 D1A SR Original Carbs(need cleaning)".I sold this bike a couple of years ago,but when I bought it the carbs were green,so I bought a used set off a running bike from a dude on ebay for cheap and put those on.These I stored.Why I think they are VM22SS,is because I also have(still),the owners manual,and it says that that is what they(kawa) used on the bike.Will these work on my 1980 KZ750E? Jeff at Z-1 directed me to some intakes that were 24mm-he said that I could use these.I noticed that the intakes had vacuum plugs on them(as opposed to on the Keihins-they were on the carb bodies.)I guess I will have to use pod filters,since the airbox side is way different.No prob. Anybody know anything about the throttle cable(need different?)I am using stock handlebar.Also-I have cleaned 3-4 sets of the CV 34s,and they are pretty straight forward to clean and dissasemble,but I never did any of these.Is there anything to watch out for on these, and/or does anybody know of any literature available for dissasembly on these? THANX TO ONE AND ALL!B)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2009 14:15 #302286 by Mark Wing
I think their a little small for a 750.

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
26 Jun 2009 15:17 #302294 by TJMD
Thanks for that Mark,but will they work?Have you ever done this or known anyone that tried these on a 750? I remember the SR ran good with these(was a little lighter bike though I guess!)