Weird carb question.

More
25 Jun 2009 22:00 #302145 by Sweet Back
Weird carb question. was created by Sweet Back
This is about my honda cb500 but I'm at wits end and I either have to fix this or park the bike in someone elses garage till I get my personal shit straight.

I discovered a cracked ring. Rebuilt. Even prior to that I had anoverflow problem with carb 1. It seems to dance between 1 and 2, and on occaission, 3. I assumed floats, checked those, blew out jets and such. All looked good. Still pissing from carb 1. Today I adjusted the float, but too far, and the cylinder wasn't totally firing. Went in and adjusted back, all 4 carbs started overflowing.

Question is, can one carb float issue affect the other 3? Seemed strange. Any suggestions about what to check? My KZ is having carb issues and the goldwing needs a battery. If I can't fix one of them soon, I gotta put them all up, just in time for summer. Help

1996 KZ1000P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2009 22:30 #302149 by Tedster
Replied by Tedster on topic Weird carb question.
not sure what kind of petcock is on that honda i can't remember my son in law builds honda's he owns solo choppers
but the pet cock on my kz1100 has a (pri) on it for prime in case the bike sets for a while you can turn the petcock to prime and fill the bowls up on the carbs but your not to leave it on prime while the bikes not running because the pressure from the gas in the tank going through the lines can keep filling the carbs with a result of the gas lifting the floats and damaging them,i don't think that honda has that petcock on the tank though,sounds like it could be a needle and seat though,them carbs do have the steel transfer tube holding them together

Ted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.