carb question?

More
25 Jun 2009 07:23 - 25 Jun 2009 08:51 #301958 by Born Dead 2
carb question? was created by Born Dead 2
Hey all,

So I have an 84 ZN700 with CV34 carbs on it I believe. Just cleaned and gone over completely new floats, orings and such. Before the work bike wouldn't idle and pop on decel, see my other thread on burning this bike for more details. So during the cleaning I found 2 clogged pilot jets and now the bike runs good, still seems to be rough at idle adjusted the idle and adjusted fuel screws.
So just to refresh my memory the adjustment fuel/air screws on this carb which are located infront of the intake boots these are fuel adjustement correct? Turning in cuts fuel back, opening them allows more fuel in?
The problem I'm having is like I said it runs well at high speeds, no popping on decel anymore, but it seems to have a flat spot,bogging feel when I decel for a turn and start to speed up, she hesitates for a second and then kicks in.
So is it fuel adjustments or something else.
Everything is stock from exhaust to airbox. All new fuel lines and vacum hoses.
Anyone have any input on this before I light the match...Ha!
Thanks again in advance
BD
Last edit: 25 Jun 2009 08:51 by Born Dead 2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2009 17:25 #302056 by JR
Replied by JR on topic carb question?
If indeed Keihin CV34 carbs then those screws on top and just forward of the carb tops are air mix screws. Turning in shuts air off and should richen the mix. Turning out lets more air in and leans the mix. Stock should be 2 turns out from fully seated.

Excuse me if this is a dumb question but when you put the carbs back together and back on the bike did you synchronise them ? If not then a good synch could be the answer to a rough idle.

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.