kz750ltd h Carbs

• Yotaracer4life
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
22 Jun 2009 20:11 #301451 by Yotaracer4life
kz750ltd h Carbs was created by Yotaracer4life
I have been having a problem with my KZ when I turn the throttle and let go the rpms take a while to drop back down but the throttle isnt sticking at all. and also gas keeps on leaking out of the overflow. It used to leak out of the air filters slowly but got worse and just poors out of the overflow tube on one side. Can anyone help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz750fourAlaska
  • User
  • Gary (and Tim when he's home from college)
More
22 Jun 2009 21:09 - 22 Jun 2009 21:23 #301473 by kz750fourAlaska
Replied by kz750fourAlaska on topic kz750ltd h Carbs
You might check for an air leak anywhere between the engine and the carbs. That is one potential cause of that problem. While your bike is at an idle, spray something like WD-40 around where the carbs are mounted. If you get a change in RPM's you have an air leak in that area.

The gas leak: sticky float(s) perhaps? Mildly sticky floats can sometimes be jarred loose with gentle tapping on the carb bowls with a hammer. Use a rubber or plastic hammerhead if you have one. If this helps, the cure is often only temporary and you would ultimately have to service the carbs.

1980 KZ750H-four-(LTD)
Last edit: 22 Jun 2009 21:23 by kz750fourAlaska.

• Yotaracer4life
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Jun 2009 06:06 #301514 by Yotaracer4life
Replied by Yotaracer4life on topic kz750ltd h Carbs
The float bowls are perfectly clean and i checked the floats for holes. So im kind of stumped.