carb setting kz200

More
11 Jun 2009 10:32 #298366 by timbermn20
carb setting kz200 was created by timbermn20
anyone know the right setting for air mix screw and throttle screw,on the keihin pw26 carb,kz200, or how do i get the right setting,any help would be great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2009 11:52 #298380 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic carb setting kz200
timbermn20 wrote:

anyone know the right setting for air mix screw and throttle screw,on the keihin pw26 carb,kz200, or how do i get the right setting,any help would be great

Hello, timbermn20, and WELCOME to KZR! :)
We're glad you're here! :cheer:

Am just guessing without a manual, but would start with pilot air screw 1 1/2 turns out from lightly seated.

Then coordinate throttle screw and air screw adjustments until achieving the best steady idle at the lowest slide position.

Typical procedure is to turn air screw slightly back and forth to highest idle. Then lower slide with throttle screw to almost stall. Then readjust air screw for possibly higher idle.

And keep repeating this until further adjustment of the air screw either way only worsens the idle. At this position, the air screw adjustment is as good as it's going to get.

Lastly, set throttle screw for desired idle rpm.

More importantly, if not already done, before addressing the carbs at all, should first assure correct valve clearances, install brand new spark plug, assure correct fuel level in floatbowl, and install a new in-line fuel filter.

Because even a perfect carb can't compensate for shortcomings in the other components.

Good Luck! :)

For reference if needed.

[Click on image to enhance view]

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
11 Jun 2009 18:48 #298494 by gane
Replied by gane on topic carb setting kz200
Pattons advice is true, and his start point exactly right from my antiquated service spec book. luck G, and welcome.

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1