Couple quick questions about vaccum lines?

• mccormack090305
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 May 2009 06:43 #288707 by mccormack090305
Couple quick questions about vaccum lines? was created by mccormack090305
This is on a KZ650 I recently got rid of my stock airbox in favor of the pod air filters, no, I'm not sure what to do with the big vent line that ran through the box. Also, on my carburetors, the 1 and 4 vacuum lines are connected to a line that runs up the backbone, and the 2 and 3 vacuum lines are plugged off. Is this right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2009 10:29 #289050 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Couple quick questions about vaccum lines?
I'm not familiar with those carbs, but others who have removed the emmisions hoses (I think that's what your trying to deal with) that come off the valve cover to the air box (big hose) have just pulled it all off, and plugged any open port/connection.

The earlier 650's have different carbs. They have vent hoses coming off carb 2 & 4 which just hang over the air box not connecting to anything, plus the 4 bowl vents/overflow hoses comming off the bottm of the carbs.

Check out WG Carbs and the kz650 link in my signature for more info.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
08 May 2009 12:40 #289063 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Couple quick questions about vaccum lines?
I'll guess the bike is an 82 or 83 CSR.
In the photo carb number one is on the right.
The lines w tee on #1 & #4 are part of the air injection system, as is the big fat hose that connects to the top/front of the airbox. I'll guess the black tubing on #2 is a vacuum line for the petcock. The port on #3 should be capped. As you already know, the larger tubing connected between #2 & #3 is the fuel line. The two yellowed clear lines at are the vents & should remain open to the atmosphere.

As for what to do w the air injection hoses, folks often times get rid of the system altogeter & install block-off plates at the valve cover. I don't know if you can simply cap those ports instead of getting the plates. Also, you'll need to connect a filter to the crankcase breather hose that normally goes to the airbox.

• mccormack090305
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 May 2009 23:18 #289290 by mccormack090305
Replied by mccormack090305 on topic Couple quick questions about vaccum lines?
Thanks for your help, I'll have to get a hold of a breather in the next couple of days.