A couple question

More
03 May 2009 01:20 #287398 by vincentmoy
A couple question was created by vincentmoy
1. I am looking for carb sync tools for my 80 KZ750H with 4 carbs. The Motion Pro Pro is out of my price range and the Econ model is no where to be seen. I found some ebay vaccum gauge for about $60, are they any good? I heard that the vaccum gauges are not as good as mercury, is it true?

2. How do I know what kind of carb is used on my bike? I looked at my carb and it says something like "Keihin" on it. Is it a normal carb used on kz750h?

Thanks

KZ750 LTD
Miles: Unknown (speedo cable broke)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2009 05:51 #287411 by JR
Replied by JR on topic A couple question
vincentmoy wrote:

2. How do I know what kind of carb is used on my bike? I looked at my carb and it says something like "Keihin" on it. Is it a normal carb used on kz750h?

Thanks

Then your carbs are Keihin CV34s which were stock on the early 80s 750/4s. Later models had BS34s

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
04 May 2009 14:03 #287885 by vincentmoy
Replied by vincentmoy on topic A couple question
So, what about the dial gauge vs other type. Are they any good?

KZ750 LTD

More
04 May 2009 15:12 #287912 by TexasKZ
Replied by TexasKZ on topic A couple question
check this out

Check out the thread, "carb sync without gauges."

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...atid=3&id=285358

1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

More
04 May 2009 15:30 #287918 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic A couple question
I don't know about the dial setup, but just for those contemplating the Motion Pro Syncpro, it is junk with a capital *J*.
No more mercury thanks to our wonderful government safety-crats, so instead of a simple mercury tube that lasts indefinately here is what you get, all hand crafted in China:
:X
You get the same basic look of the old setup however there are 4 restrictors, one for each tube that restricts the vacuum so the new non-vacuum liquid is not instantly sucked into the engine. These restrictors reduce a 1/8" tube to about the diameter of a human hair. Each time the tool is used it must be calibrated so all 4 read the same first.
So here's the scenerio of your first carb sync. Hook up the 5 way adapter to all 4 vacuum hoses, the 5th has a length of hose you attach to a single vacuum fitting on the motorcycle. Start the engine and the 5 way adapter splits off the vacuum to all 4 tubes. Adjust the 4 tubes so they read the same. This will generally be one turned all the way up, one all the way down, and the other two fall somewhere in between.
Next step is to stop the engine and remove the 5 way adapter and hook the tubes up to your 4 vacuum nipples, however there is a small problem in that anywhere from 1 to all 4 tubes still have some fluid in them as the fluid does not like to flow back into the tool body. Oh well give it a try. Now start the engine and 4 tubes come up with vacuum with varying degree of air bubbles mixed in. Wonderful to rely on. That's your first carb sync and most likely the last. The fluid will not drain back into the body. Don't try blowing into the tubes as you are blowing through a 1/1000" restriction and matters just get worse. Do the "shaking" recommended by motion pro. All this does is makes the rubber plugs fall of the bottom of the tool and the adapters spill into the dirt. Go out 2 days later and try to use it again and by now one or more restrictors are clogged, so no more usefullness of this tool. And yes, also don't let the tool get cold, you can't leave it out during the winter or it can be damaged and this quality tool must be pampered.
Sorry about the rant, but I hate a junk tool, and a $100 junk tool at that. I'd have to say the guages could not be any worse without fear of being wrong.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
04 May 2009 16:01 #287932 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic A couple question
I use gages and they work great. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
04 May 2009 19:38 #288009 by vincentmoy
Replied by vincentmoy on topic A couple question
I am looking @ this one

I think it is made by Emgo

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carburetor-Synch...1QQitemZ260404073770

KZ750 LTD

More
05 May 2009 00:49 #288060 by Z1109R Fin
Replied by Z1109R Fin on topic A couple question
This is what I got. Really simple to use, accurate, no Mercury or fluids. Well worth the money!

www.carbtune.com/

Z1000R ´83...Slightly modified...