Help me diagnose please

More
26 Apr 2009 14:08 - 26 Apr 2009 14:10 #285428 by vincentmoy
Help me diagnose please was created by vincentmoy
So I just got a 80 KZ750H1 LTD. My 1st bike as I just got my permit. I am excited to save up some more $$ to get a MSF course.

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...=10&id=285331#285427

The bike will start and run but my roomate (as I am not confident enough to ride the bike yet) said the bike keep dying unless the rider keep giving gas. Choke position doesn't seems to matter although closing the choke (up position) seems to help a little bit.

Another problem is when you give it throttle, there is a sec or 2 delay that probably shouldn't be there. My roomate said it could also related to the carb.

I am new to mechanical stuff but I do have a few friends that may be able to help. I am wondering what are you guys' thought on this issue.

Thanks

KZ750 LTD
Miles: Unknown (speedo cable broke)
Last edit: 26 Apr 2009 14:10 by vincentmoy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2009 16:41 #285467 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Help me diagnose please
tune upwould be good place to start B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
26 Apr 2009 17:11 #285474 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Help me diagnose please
My recommends would be:

Tune up

Oil change

check valve clearance

clean carbs/fuel tank, and replace fuel filters

For starters, you might put some Seafoam cleaner in the fuel to try to get some of the deposits out of the fuel system.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
27 Apr 2009 02:06 #285617 by vincentmoy
Replied by vincentmoy on topic Help me diagnose please
Well, a tune up on a car is to change spark plugs and wire. Is it the same as on a bike?

thanks

KZ750 LTD
Miles: Unknown (speedo cable broke)

More
27 Apr 2009 03:07 #285621 by brianpclarke
Replied by brianpclarke on topic Help me diagnose please
:)

A tune up on a car is very different than on a 28 year old motorcycle. The last thing you want to do is find yourself in a bad situation on 2 wheels because of a minor mistake, or a 10 dollar fix.

If you have a manual, than it will put it pretty clear what a routine tune-up is. However, there was a post on here recently under "Engine" labeled "Free Electronic Manuals".. go in there and under small engine - motorcycle -.... you will find your bike. Tells you everything you need to know as far as a tune up goes...

-Brian
1977 KZ650C
1976 Kz900 LTD