KZ 750 Twin carbys

More
22 Apr 2009 02:19 #283994 by Lukes6
KZ 750 Twin carbys was created by Lukes6
Hi i have just got my bike running (77 kz750 Twin) and am looking to find out what my options are for carby upgrades.

At the moment i am running standard carbys with pod filters and standard jets ( i assume). I am looking to find out if these carbys can be jetted to run with pods properly or if they will not get enough vacuum to fully open the slides.

If anyone has jetted standard carbys for pods what size jets did you use? Otherwise what other non vacuum operated carbys work well on these motors? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2009 14:11 - 22 Apr 2009 14:13 #284110 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic KZ 750 Twin carbys
I believe my '79 KZ750 twin runs the same BS-38 Mikunis as yours. They are actually very good carbs, I would not replace them. I think they like #50 pilot jets the best, at least mine do with any pipe I run.

As for pod jetting: I never tried it, but I have run two different aftermarket pipes and they dial in pretty easily. The main problem you have is that new main jets are not available for these carbs, but new pilot jets in all sizes are available.

If it was mine, I would just buy a stock air box off a junker and save all the pain. If you are going to stay with pods, I would go up to #50 on the pilots and move the needle clip to the second slot from the bottom (one slot richer than stock) and see if it runs. If still lean, you should chuck the pods.

Good luck.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 22 Apr 2009 14:13 by bountyhunter.

More
23 Apr 2009 01:14 #284316 by Lukes6
Replied by Lukes6 on topic KZ 750 Twin carbys
Thanks mate. I guessed that may be the case. Air box time i think.