Carb question 1980 KZ750 LTD H1

More
08 Mar 2009 19:00 #270480 by twfields79
Carb question 1980 KZ750 LTD H1 was created by twfields79
Okay I just recently put a new Kerker exhaust on my bike stock airbox, I set the floats about 4-5 months ago and was good....... it was running pretty good and I took the smog devise off this morning caped the vacume plugs on the carbs, and filled the two "nipples" lol on the head with some black rtv, and the hole on the air box..... I rode for about an hour today checking it out the bike is much peppier (faster) which it was after adding the new exhuast before taking the smog devise...... that being said now after removal of the smog device it kind of studders comming out of idle like when at a stop light or even just giving it gas from idle in neutral, but after the studdering watch out because it actually runs super after all that, so basically I am wondering if I need to rejet? I messed with the idle adjustment screws a little probably about two turns out or 1 and three quarters, played it by ear, maybe I even need to resink? Not sure but If I do need to rejet where can I get the replacement jets? I believe my carbs are the Kein cv34? not sure what the stock jets are, but I can find that out unless someone that reads this knows off the top of their head and can save me a little time...... Thank you

1978 KZ650 B2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2009 07:21 #270567 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Carb question 1980 KZ750 LTD H1
Adjust pilot mixture screws... you are lean coming off idle.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
10 Mar 2009 05:45 #270875 by twfields79
Replied by twfields79 on topic Carb question 1980 KZ750 LTD H1
Thank you.....

1978 KZ650 B2