Questions about rejetting 1980 KZ750 H1

More
27 Feb 2009 06:05 #268415 by twfields79
Questions about rejetting 1980 KZ750 H1 was created by twfields79
Okay I was just wondering about rejetting my KZ750 I have put a new Kerker exhaust on the bike and am thinking about putting the K&N pod filters on dynajet has the stage three kit which specifies that use with the new exhaust and individual filters setup so just installing this kit using the directions that come with the kit is sufficient? is there any other adjustments that need to be made or just plug and play??? I am not a real mechanic just actually a newbie, but I follow directions really well.....lol any help would be appreciated

1978 KZ650 B2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2009 13:34 #268506 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Questions about rejetting 1980 KZ750 H1
Most good headers, and I believe Kerker is one, will "jet out" pretty close to stock settings by design. On mine, I got some HP increase even with the stock jets and got a little more HP going +1 size on the main and pilot. I would be surprised if the header alone for yours would require much more than that, unless you remove the baffle or do something similar.

From all the info I see on the net, pods just screw everything up and are more pain than they are worth. They look cool and make it easy to remove the carburetors, but they are hard (sometimes impossible on certain engines) to dial in so you get best performance across the full RPM range. The dynajet kit might be able to do it (?) Anyway, just vbe advised that pods will give you a new hobby to spend your time on for a while.:laugh:

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.