Need new jets

More
21 Feb 2009 23:00 #267015 by Darkangel
Need new jets was created by Darkangel
I asked this question on another thread, and it went into this area...So i'll ask it here. I have my KZ1100, I just when to strait pipes on it...No muffs at all, and pods as filters...Does anyone know what type of jets I need to get.. mains, pilet, I dont know a lot about this crap...so help me out here..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2009 14:36 #267218 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Need new jets
Wired George would be the man on this one.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
22 Feb 2009 19:49 #267335 by Darkangel
Replied by Darkangel on topic Need new jets
Wired George anywhere around...?

More
23 Feb 2009 13:20 #267509 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Need new jets
I think you can send him a PM.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
23 Feb 2009 14:22 #267524 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Need new jets
Darkangel wrote:

I asked this question on another thread, and it went into this area...So i'll ask it here. I have my KZ1100, I just when to strait pipes on it...No muffs at all, and pods as filters...Does anyone know what type of jets I need to get.. mains, pilet, I dont know a lot about this crap...so help me out here..

:unsure: Was this a stock exhaust system where the two mufflers are removed leaving what -- two pipes each side into a pre-muffler collector -- or just four separated exhaust header pipes -- or a 4>1 no longer having a muffler -- or what?

Pic?

The tried and true method for determining correct mainjet size is "high speed throttle chop plug reading" which reveals what's going on inside the combustion chambers pulling hard at wfo.

That said, am guessing the sound quality enjoyment will be short-lived, and the low end torque will suffer.

Regarding pilot jet sizing, may need to go larger to enrichen if adjustment screw won't compensate. Look for good steady low idle with strong pull-away and low speed performance without surging and without plug fouling. What are low speed plug readings with existing pilot jets?

Imo, it's just gambling to change jets without first considering plug readings.

And "pods" are often far more problematical to tune than with the stock airboxes.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD