OK I'm nearly happy !!

• triggerbilly
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Feb 2009 16:35 - 02 Feb 2009 16:37 #261772 by triggerbilly
OK I'm nearly happy !! was created by triggerbilly
Right .....
I put the pingel adaptor on my tank and got rid of the shite leaky vacume petcock and put a 3/8 manual sportster type petcock on.
I also ripped out the smog system and capped off all the nips on my carbs and ...... It's running alot better

still a huge backfire as i turned off the ignition and alot of spiting kinda noises coming from the pods (don't know if thats usual or not)

AND ALL CYLINDERS ARE FIRING NOW !!!!:cheer:
I'm guessing that maybe the leaking petcock was flooding 2 of the cylinders out ??

any thoughts on the backfire

1982 kz750-e3
1983 cb1000c
plano. TX
Last edit: 02 Feb 2009 16:37 by triggerbilly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2009 19:38 #261824 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic OK I'm nearly happy !!
triggerbilly wrote:

Right .....
I put the pingel adaptor on my tank and got rid of the shite leaky vacume petcock and put a 3/8 manual sportster type petcock on.
I also ripped out the smog system and capped off all the nips on my carbs and ...... It's running alot better

still a huge backfire as i turned off the ignition and alot of spiting kinda noises coming from the pods (don't know if thats usual or not)

AND ALL CYLINDERS ARE FIRING NOW !!!!:cheer:
I'm guessing that maybe the leaking petcock was flooding 2 of the cylinders out ??

any thoughts on the backfire

guessing that maybe the leaking petcock was flooding 2 of the cylinders out --- imo "NO"

Suggest complete tune-up per FSM , with carbs addressed last.

During ign timing stage, assure auto adv is functioning, and clean/lube it if nec.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.