how can i tell if my float is upside down?

• cott10r
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Motorcyclist for life!!!
More
27 Dec 2008 08:42 #254896 by cott10r
I just bought a 1981 750ltd, it finally was nice enough to ride it yesterday. i took it for a ride and noticed it wasn't firing on #1 so when i got home i checked it for spark (beings the carbs were suppost to be freshly cleaned & rebuilt) well i had spark. next i opened up the fuel bowl drain and no fuel came out. i was lucky and could remove the fuel bowl w/o taking the carbs off the bike, when i got the bowl off and switched the pet-cock to prime i was getting fuel, so i put the bowl back on and bam!!! i was getting no fuel again, so i watched as i slid the bowl on and off and i could see the bowl pushing the float up when i tried to install the bowl. i pulled the float off and flipped it and now she is running but i hope its right, i did notice a small tab that looks like it keeps the float from getting to low and letting the needle fall out of the seat because before i flipped the float i could let go of it and it would drop low enough that the needle would want to fall out of its seat. please help

2012 kawasaki concours 14
2014 suzuki gsxr 1000
2014 honda crf 250L
1983 kawasaki gpz 550

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2008 08:46 #254899 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic how can i tell if my float is upside down?
the little tab should be facing up towards the needle.;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.