78z1r carbs

More
17 Dec 2008 20:57 #253329 by Z1Rider
78z1r carbs was created by Z1Rider
The old 28's are looking pretty good so far but the far left carb dosen't want to give up the slide without power buster and prying, once I got it out it dosen't want to go back in but it goes into the other three carbs with no problem. There are no signs of corosion in the carb with the tight fit. Can I hone it out to fit or use 600 paper by hand to loosen things up?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2008 21:11 #253331 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic 78z1r carbs
try scrubbing it out with carb cleaner,maybe just gummed up really bad.i dont know about sandpaper inside a carb body.:S :laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2008 04:03 #253352 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 78z1r carbs
Z1Rider wrote:

...28's...far left carb dosen't want to give up the slide without power buster and prying...doesn't want to go back in but it goes into the other three carbs with no problem...no signs of corosion in the carb with the tight fit. Can I hone it out to fit or use 600 paper by hand to loosen things up?

With #1 slide fitting in other carbs, would think closer inspection should reveal something different about inside of #1 compared to the other carbs. May need a brighter light and stronger magnifying glass.

If not corrosion, there must be something else wrong with the inside surface, or fitment within the slide slot, such as damage resulting from the prying.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
18 Dec 2008 18:47 #253457 by Z1Rider
Replied by Z1Rider on topic 78z1r carbs
It's movin smooth now with a little 6oo wet dry paper and lube. I'm going to try to start it up over this weekend. I'll take a pic and post it. :woohoo:

More
19 Dec 2008 13:35 #253570 by Oldwolf
Replied by Oldwolf on topic 78z1r carbs
When a PO rebuilt a set of 29MM smoothies I have he used Indian Head gasket glue on the Dust cover gaskets. The Glue ran down the side of #1 Carb bore. I had to use a lot of Carb spray to clean it out. The slide would stick in that 1 carb.

1977 KZ1000A1, 1105cc,Mikuni RS34mm FS, K&N Pods,Kerker 4/1,Dyna S Ign,Coils & Plug Wires,Progressive Sup. Front&Rear, Derale Oil Cooler.