Keihin HELP

More
12 Dec 2008 19:09 #252280 by rssuby2001
Keihin HELP was created by rssuby2001
Hi I am trying to get my 1982 KZ 750E back together, the bike has a set of Keihin carbs and by the bowl they are marked 1495 TF26, not sure if these are the CV34s that should be on the motor. The bike has always popped out of the carbs. The motor has 43,000 on it so i ripped it apart, had a valve job done cleaned and checked everything, reassembled and still dosent run like it should, has pods and a yoshi 4-1 pipe,

any help with this would be great

Ken McCormick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2008 11:06 #252556 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Keihin HELP
Mine occasionally spits back through the carbs when I first fire it up and before it gets warmed up. Does'nt bother me If it happens for you when the bike is warm and effects performance then I would suggest looking for a vacuum leak. If you are in the US and have that smog system with tubing coming out of the head and runing all over the place and connecting to the carbs then get rid of it. Thankfully we bever had that up here in Canada.

The only other thing I can think of right now would be retarded ignition timing which should not be a factor for you if you have the original electronic ignition.

Oh, and yes the Keihin carbs for the early 80s 750/4s are CV34

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
14 Dec 2008 14:12 #252583 by rssuby2001
Replied by rssuby2001 on topic Keihin HELP
Thanks JR, when i got the bike, someone had removed the air box, removed the smog system, and installed a Yoshimura 4-1 exhaust, and does have the orginal ign. system. I did just have the motor and the carbs completely apart, i didnt take notice to the size of the jets, guess i will be taken them back apart if this dosent clear up.... but thanks for the help

Ken McCormick

More
14 Dec 2008 20:14 #252698 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Keihin HELP
You're not trying to run it without an airbox or pods are you ?
Without the smog system you shoul have vacuum caps on carbs 1, 3, & 4 and a vacuum line from #2 to the vacuum nipple on the petcock.

When you open the carbs check the primary and secondary main jet sizes to see if the PO has rejeted. Stock is about 60 and 125 and the numbers are usually stamped on the top or sides of each. with the 4->1 at least the PO should have bumped up the jet size a tad. New jets available at Z1enterpr1ses.

good luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
15 Dec 2008 16:59 #252889 by rssuby2001
Replied by rssuby2001 on topic Keihin HELP
yea i had just fired it up without the pods on it, now that i think about it, that would make a difference. When I first got the bike, i got it dirt cheap cause they never had the vacuum hooked up to the petcock and kept the petcock turned to prime. Ill have to check on what jet sizes are in the carbs, thanks for your help

Ken McCormick