turn off petcock every time after ride???

More
04 Dec 2008 05:32 #250645 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic turn off petcock every time after ride???
BSKZ650 wrote:

I shut mine off, with it on the kick stand it leans too far and fuel leaks out of the number one carb, it over fills from the fuel in the line,
I allways turn it off even during short stops, just a habit now

Am pondering why only the number one carb is leaking, as all carbs are situated at the same lean angle.

Drizzling fuel from overflow tube when bike's on kick stand might be caused by a too high fuel level setting.

If leaking past the float bowl gasket, could be one or more of several reasons.

turn it off even during short stops, just a habit now - - me too, and imo a real good habit. :cheer:

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
04 Dec 2008 07:08 #250661 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic turn off petcock every time after ride???
I got several responses from Rob at Z-1 entereprises in return to my request for a new diaphram for the petcock i purchased from them.
He was prompt and really honest about ant previous issues that item has had.
I mentioned that i had read some stuff on KZR about ethanol fuels being hard on some fuel components for z bikes and he thanked me and was gonna bring it to tech departments attention.(said it was first he'd heard about it).
My new diaphrams on it's way!!!
Now i gotta find out what i did to my idle circuits when cleaning em .Gonna wait and do it all at once.
Just a big props to Z-1 ent. for being there and a real person wdba...peace craig.
I think i'll watch what gas i buy a lttle better and turn off my petcock allways

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.