81 KZ750E-2 carbs overflowing. Any suggestions?

More
16 Nov 2008 09:07 #247724 by DanAir
Yep, sounds like a "wing-it". Will post the results when resulted. May the rubber ducties smile on me.
Thanks for your help!!!
DanAir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2008 08:19 #248107 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic 81 KZ750E-2 carbs overflowing. Any suggestions?
To Quote WG;

"If all four carbs started puking at once, the only thing I can think of is pinched vent lines... On SOME CV34 assemblies, there is a vent tee between 1&2 and 3&4 and if you have hoses on them and the hoses are obstructed, a vacuum sets up in the float bowls and the floats won't know how to act and the bowls will overflow."

Same thing happened to me last night. Came home noticed the smell of gas. Had it running earlier in the day to try and fix a charge problem. Go out in the garage and there a massive puddle of gas. I KNOW the petcock needs to be rebuilt, and I KNOW the carbs need to be rebuilt, (there isnt an intact o ring or diaghram in either one its a miracle it runs :blink: ), but im thinking that all four floats would go at the SAME time.. As WG said about the vent lines, the only thing i noticed different was one of the vacuum lines from the carb boots had popped off. Havent been back to test that theory yet, but was wondering if your problem was fixed and something else to look at if not..

More
18 Nov 2008 12:36 #248142 by DanAir
I'm replacing the o-rings pointed out by Patton's diagram above.
Matched them up at a local bike shop.
Will advise.

More
21 Nov 2008 06:10 #248628 by DanAir
Violent,

Here's the latest advisement: First test failed. Leaking at the center fuel "T". Second assembly used Permatex MotoSeal-1 (item # 29132) on the o-rings. Assembled wet. Let dry overnight.
Left petcock on prime overnight after setting tank back on.
No leaks so far. Permatex says it holds up to gasoline very well. They also said it's kinda runny, and it is. So don't use too much.

Regards,
Dan Air

More
22 Mar 2009 19:00 #274376 by apbling
Hey Dan,
I have the same bike and I have the same problem on my carbs. How is yours holding up? I am going to start looking for o-rings this week.

Thanks,
Andy