81 kz440 airbox won't seal and choke is messed up

More
03 Nov 2008 18:50 #245433 by shui3000
Ok, so I've been gathering info from this forum and i found that the airbox is supposed to be tight. Mine's definitely not, and the screw holes are stripped. Any suggestions? I was thinking about duct taping it.

Most importantly, the choke is messed up. this may have been my fault. i was working on the bike and part of the choke assembly got caught on a fuel filter, and when i tried to close the choke, i used too much force and it bent part of the choke assembly. i don't know what it's called, but if you look perpendicular to the bike, at the choke, right behind it, in between the two carburetors, is this little tab that gets moved when you move the choke lever. that's what got bent.

i put it back in place, and for days it was actually working better than ever. Now, it won't even start with the choke on. even after it starts on half choke, and then it gets moved to full choke, the engine dies.

help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2008 19:22 #245439 by shui3000
ok, so i took a look at the parts diagram and it doesn't have a name for it, but it's the spring pushed up against the fast idle cam. I think it's supposed to keep in contact with the fast idle cam all the time, but when choke is up all the way, it doesn't touch the spring.

More
03 Nov 2008 19:45 #245443 by shui3000
i found out the part's called the choke link