Petcock question

More
22 Oct 2008 11:16 #243238 by fordtruck
Petcock question was created by fordtruck
I just rebuilt the petcock on my 77 KZ1000 because it seeps gas even when in the off position. The rebuild didn't help. I saw that the valve had scratches in it where the plastic valve body rests, so I figured the kit wouldn't help. I guess it's time for a new petcock. Has anyone here tried this petcock from Z1? How do you like it?

www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=2634

'77 KZ1000-MTC 1075 kit. Stage 1 port

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2008 11:27 #243240 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Petcock question
That is the type I buy from Z1Enterprises.com and use on all my bikes. You can buy these petcocks in any Harley parts shop and if you need to rebuild, go to JPCYCLES.com as all internal parts are available. The one issue... screen on pickup tubes is a tad large as it is banded with a ring of brass or copper. The band won't fit easily through the hole in the petcock so the hole needs to be enlarged a tad. This petcock comes in bung style or the style that mounts using a Pingel adapter plate for tanks with a longer hole where the OEM petcock had originally bolted.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
22 Oct 2008 12:32 #243245 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic Petcock question
That's the same one I recently bought from z1 to replace my vacuum one. So far it's worked out great. The only beef I had about it was the direction of the fuel outlet. It made it hard to get the fuel line on and off. Therefore I installed it on a slight angle to help it out.

More
22 Oct 2008 17:04 #243270 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Petcock question
i use the double outlet pingel that i got from Z-1..pricey, but a nice pc...i figured screw it, spend the cake and be done with it once and for all and never have to worry.....

More
22 Oct 2008 22:14 #243328 by fordtruck
Replied by fordtruck on topic Petcock question
Thanks guys! I knew I could count on this site for advice. I'll probably order this one soon. You sure can't beat $15 for a new petcock!

'77 KZ1000-MTC 1075 kit. Stage 1 port