CR Special roundslide carb question.

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
02 Dec 2008 07:14 #250347 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic CR Special roundslide carb question.
Makes sence then. If u foul plugs there rich.
How do u know they are fouling only at mid throttle? Have u done a plug chop on that curcuit only?

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2008 08:22 #250670 by The Fish
Replied by The Fish on topic CR Special roundslide carb question.
babyELR wrote:

It's a bowl vent? Ok I'll leave it be, thanks

No,they are not the bowl vents.
They are where the choke circuit gets air from when the choke is applied. They should be left open and not plugged.

Look on the air filter side and cast in to the carb bodies at the slide area are the float vents. On the right side of the carbs are nipples cast in to the bodies, on the same raised casting that the nipple is located on, there is a hole near the top of the casting (it can be seen on the casting on the slide area, under the choke rod). The float bowl vents are actually on both sides of each carb and can be best seen on the 2nd from left carb body. These are the bowl vents and the elbows are where the choke circuit gets air when the choke is applied.

Attachments:

More
10 Mar 2009 05:45 #270874 by babyELR
Replied by babyELR on topic CR Special roundslide carb question.
I'm thinking it's the needles, because it only stutters when cruising around 4000 RPM, if I drop a gear, it seems to go away and pulls.

current bike:
1982 GPZ-750
past bikes:
1978 Z1-R
1982 KZ-550, 615 kit, cams, head-work
1978 GS-1000 drag bike (younger days fun)