Throttle bodies getting stuck

More
29 Sep 2008 18:08 #239301 by ratvespa
Throttle bodies getting stuck was created by ratvespa
I had a weird problem, one day I ride my bike (GPz1100B2) and everything is fine, the next day hop on it to goto work, and the throttle is stuck, I investigate, it's defiantly the throttle bodies.

So I clean them (the lazy way), is fine for one ride, then same story. I took them off last night and gave them a good cleaning smooth as silk now. Will go on a ride tonight and see if it does the same things.

so Im trying to figure out why this is happening, all my airbox pieces are clean, Im thinking the only thing is could be is the breather that connects to the surge tank.
few notes about the bike, it's on a brand new top end (cyl and head work), so Im only about 300 miles into the break period. Ive been riding it nice and easy, but, it was running really lean for the 300 miles becasue the old school DFI cannot adapt to big bore and a kerker. So 2 nights ago I installed a adjustable fuel pressure regulator so make it run right. So the only thing I can think of is the bike was getting really hot (I was stuck in traffic a few time in a 100 degree vegas day), and possibly the some oil vapors made their way into the intake (I know it sounds kinda kooky), but Im out of ideas here. When I cleaned the TB's everything was pretty gummy looking (like from the TB's to the intake's on the heads). I took one more step and changed the oil too (I put fresh oil in after the rebuild, but the bike had been sitting for many years before I got my hands on it and rebuilt the top end).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.