Emgo air filters

• ran429
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
23 Sep 2008 19:59 #238394 by ran429
Emgo air filters was created by ran429
I replaced the air filter on the KZ1000p from a high flow filter that had a foam sleve over a wire mesh with a paper Emgo filter.
Now if my bike runs idle in traffic the carbs flood out my Sparkplugs and the airbox fills with fuel.
I cleaned out the carbs really good awhile back, installed a fuel filter (stone replaceable type). so it cant be anything in the carbs. I am ready to poke a friggin hole in the chrome part of the filter or run without one to see if its the filter doing it.

Will this hurt the engine running the emgo with a hole on it? I have to ride the bike on a 450 mile trip this weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2008 20:34 #238403 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Emgo air filters
have you tried letting it idle in driveway with fan blowing on motor and filter removed to see if it helps?;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• ran429
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
23 Sep 2008 21:02 #238412 by ran429
Replied by ran429 on topic Emgo air filters
no, not yet.
I did let it run around town and at work one day with the filter removed and it didnt do it.
Then i replaced the filter tinkered around the street a bit going at idle speeds, then hit higher speeds and got back, opened the filter housing and let it run a bit. then while running it i took out he filter and the filter housing was full of gas coming from #1 or 2 carb.

Its like when you cup your hand over the intake of the carb to choke it out and all that fuel pours out.

I guess i will just have to find me another highflow filter somewhere around here.
my wonderful wife tossed the old one a couple weeks ago when sh had the urge to organize the shed while i was crippled up in bed without medications to be able to help (watch outside).

I was just going to replace the filter mesh on the old one, but its too late for that.
Wimmens need to leave menses crap alone when they have no friggin clue about what the hay they are.