Results of BS34 carb swap to KZ650

More
16 Aug 2008 15:57 #232378 by Toonces
Results of BS34 carb swap to KZ650 was created by Toonces
I just finished installing a set of BS34’s that came off an 82 GPz750. WG gave me jetting suggestions to try and he was spot on. I gotta tell you, that bike runs like a top now. Starts easier. Idles smoother. Much better throttle response. Haven’t tried top speed run yet but I’m confident it will be good. I wouldn’t be surprised if my mileage goes up as well. I highly recommend this up grade to any KZ650 rider who’s looking for more power or just a better running bike. FYI, my bike has an old Kerker exhaust, Dyna ignition & coils, WG ignition up grade and Uni pods. I believe WG www.wgcarbs.com/ can hook you up with a set of these to suit your needs and they will work right out of the box.
Note: I ended up using a petcock off some 80’s Suzuki GS model because the vacuum petcock I had wouldn’t fit with the BS34 carbs and their CV caps. I believe this is a superior petcock anyway and would have switch to one even with out the carb swap.

Toonces “The Happy Cat”
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2008 19:14 #232401 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Results of BS34 carb swap to KZ650
That's good info!
Let us know long term, and if you can get some top speed figures.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.