installing rigged up floats

• toof
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • i was born here all my life
More
15 Aug 2008 00:39 #232101 by toof
installing rigged up floats was created by toof
After ordering floats 3 different times, wasting multiple hours of my ever important me time, not riding FRANK(my lovable 750 twin), getting dicked around by mechanics and throwing money away,.. I have decided to go hillbilly and solder my float,.. It has a very small crack that is just big enough to slowly fill with gas,.. so I blow-dried the ever-living hell outta it til it was dry , waited a day and then I laid down a thin coat of the solder, tested it in a sink(even held it underwater for a couple of hours with a dish towel) which she passed and tomorrow I am giving it a try in the carbs. I plan on checking the float level and letting her sit for a while in some gas and check for leaks again. this will obviously be a temporary fix until I can find the right float. Mikuni bs34
Bike is a 1980 750 g1 twin.

toofless dan
santa fe nm
1980 kz750 ltd twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• toof
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • i was born here all my life
More
16 Aug 2008 07:57 #232311 by toof
Replied by toof on topic installing rigged up floats
floats are in carbs are clean and everything is ready except the goddamn weather! I had some trouble starting it. It wouldn't catch with the electric ignition, only the kick. this creates problems as my knee has many a mangled tendon and cartilage damage a plenty
thanks to my other hobby, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I stray from my point... It has been sitting for awhile. Im imagining this will reemedy itself as I have never had trouble starting it before. Any ideas y'all might have on clearing the proverbial spiderwebs from Frank's innerds, They would be greatly appreciated....

thanx a mill

toofless dan
santa fe nm
1980 kz750 ltd twin

More
16 Aug 2008 09:31 #232329 by steve3408
Replied by steve3408 on topic installing rigged up floats
I hope you checked the float level,(fuel service level) after soldering that float, that might add just enough weight to it to affect the operating level?...(maybe not,but?...)Also if you havent done the wiredgeorge coil mod yet,your bike bike being that old could really benefit from it,and its easy to do too.Makes 'em start a whole lot easier.Good luck,ride safe.

1980 KZ1000 A4(bought new),1979 KZ1000 MKII(bought new),1978 KZ1000 A (sold)1979 KZ1000 B LTD (sold)1976 KZ900 LTD (sold)1978 KZ750 twin (sold)