ongoing carb problem "Frank" continued 80 750twin

• toof
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • i was born here all my life
More
09 Aug 2008 14:14 #231033 by toof
I believe that I have figured this one out... After getting a few responses from viewers like you, I decided to stop being a puss and once again disassembled and cleaned the devil out of my carbs, I noticed (under a magnifier) a hairline fracture on said troublesome float. also, I noticed how funky the carbs were after just being cleaned several times just recently. this prompted me to really disassemble the entire fuel system,.. filters, petcock, tank,.. you name it. What I found was ALL KINDS OF NASTY CRUD AND SCUM!! YUCK!! My tank is a soaking in "the dip" as we speak and the petcock was an easy clean and I already have new filters, oh yeah, new float and gaskets on the way from Z1!! You guys rock! I love this site! It gives a beginner like me confidence in what I am doing with my time and $$$$

toofless dan
santa fe nm
1980 kz750 ltd twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2008 13:42 #231187 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic ongoing carb problem
toof wrote:

this prompted me to really disassemble the entire fuel system,.. filters, petcock, tank,.. you name it. What I found was ALL KINDS OF NASTY CRUD AND SCUM!! YUCK!!

Yep, that's normal. And you will find more of it in the future. You should clean the petcock and carbs at least once a year.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.