need help on carbs

More
07 Aug 2008 16:47 #230714 by kzbasket
need help on carbs was created by kzbasket
i have 3 set of carbs ,they are all keihin cvk.they all have to be rebuilt. i have a 76 kz 900 with 1000 cylinders on it.whitch should i use ?.
the numbers are
v357ce10
g460amk9 it has a k tric switch on the end ?
v777gf47
can you tell me where to get a break down on theese ?
thanks for your help,ride safe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2008 17:31 #230718 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic need help on carbs
The carb expert for this would be at www.wgcarbs.com he runs a carb rebuild service out of Texas that does wonderful work.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
08 Aug 2008 05:50 #230808 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic need help on carbs
I have some Keihin carb documentation but nothing on newer carbs so can't tell you anything by the ID marks you listed. The main thing will be two factors. FIRST, the carburetor SPACING must be the same as for the KZ900 you intend it OR you will need to learn how to modify the spacing. SECOND, there are many types of carburetor orientation such as VERTICAL as came stock on the KZ and DOWNDRAFT as on a Goldwing. Many of the newer crotch rockets have the cylinder and cylinder head laid forward for weight distribution and this causes them to require a semi-downdraft carb (not really sure if this term is technically correct) but the float/fuel bowl on this type carburetor doesn't have a horizontal gasket mating line. It is at an ANGLE. I don't think these carburetors will ever work properly on a KZ even if you got the spacing right. They just run out of gas over and over as you operate them based on my testing of these carburetors. I will attach a pic which shows the orientation of the bowls. The carb on the left is what I called a VERTICAL carb and the one on the right is what I am calling a semi-downdraft but the main thing is that the bowl orientation isn't horizontal.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Attachments:

More
08 Aug 2008 05:53 - 08 Aug 2008 06:04 #230810 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic need help on carbs

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Aug 2008 06:04 by wiredgeorge. Reason: dupe post