Got a good one for ya!!!

More
18 Jul 2008 06:30 #226864 by Born Dead
Got a good one for ya!!! was created by Born Dead
Ok, so I got this ZN750LTD running finally. Bike runs good, but I have a few issues I have to deal with. First, after changing the throttle assembly and installing a new cable due to the fact the old one was sticking a bit and the start switch was cooked, I almost got this tuned in. Last night I took the bike out for a ride and it rode like a champ. No real issues, only it was idling a little low. So I adjusted the idle to 1100rpm's and it was great. This morning I came out started it and it was idling low at startup? So no big deal, just kept the throttle up a bit. I left for work, bike felt great. Got to a stop light and upon deceleration it was popping a little through the exhaust and then stalled. Took a few times to get her started but she ran ok, just on deceleration it's now popping through the exhaust and the idle is about 900rpm's?
Anyone got any ideas where I should look first? At night when it is cooler it runs good, but in the morning when it's warm, she is popping? Am I running it to lean? I haven't checked the plugs yet, just trying to get some idea's on where to start.
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2008 07:51 #226874 by Born Dead
Replied by Born Dead on topic Got a good one for ya!!!
Ok, so I pulled the plugs and they all read ok. So, I'm just wondering what could be causing the popping sound and low idle. And does anyone else run 20/50 oil in hotter weather?

More
18 Jul 2008 10:17 #226899 by kztinkerman
Replied by kztinkerman on topic Got a good one for ya!!!
Air filter

More
18 Jul 2008 10:24 #226900 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Got a good one for ya!!!
Does it have the air-injection system? If a vacuum hose came off the control diaphragm or the intake manifolds, that could cause it.

More
18 Jul 2008 11:07 #226904 by Born Dead
Replied by Born Dead on topic Got a good one for ya!!!
loudhvx wrote:

Does it have the air-injection system? If a vacuum hose came off the control diaphragm or the intake manifolds, that could cause it.

No, it doesn't have an air-injection system. The filter looks a little done, I'll try that if I can find one. What's with Kawi dealers not carrying replacement parts for old bikes? I love the line "I don't have anything for that old of a bike, but I can get you it in a week"..... That doesn't help me now does it....:S

More
19 Jul 2008 06:21 #227034 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Got a good one for ya!!!
Born Dead wrote:

Ok, so I pulled the plugs and they all read ok. So, I'm just wondering what could be causing the popping sound and low idle. And does anyone else run 20/50 oil in hotter weather?

Not sure what year your bike is but assume it has CV carbs? Idle screw may have just backed off, try raising it back up. Idle screw should go through a spring which keeps tension on it, make sure that's in place.

Many posts on what oil/weight members use but I'd say a large percentage use 20-50. I live in SoCal and use 20/50 year round. I believe it offers much better protection in 90-100 degree weather than say 10-40. :)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!