Not the right place but I'm posting anyway

More
08 Jul 2008 18:50 #224998 by 1978KZ
There is no general forum here, so I am posting this in the forum where I got help. I had searched everywhere for a particular carb part with no luck. I came on this forum in hopes of finding a place that I could get this part. Next thing I know mtkawboy is offering to ship me one for the cost of postage. At this point I could care less if the part fits (though I hope it does. It's this kind of actions that make me proud to be an American. To help or be helped from a total stranger is what life is all about. It helps to remind me that almost all people are inherently good and would give you there shirt if needed. So as I watch the news and get mad of the state of affairs in the world, I can at least take comfort in knowing that we will always have a helping hand from each other if needed.

1978 KZ1000 A2, 2008 Honda Ruckus, 2004 Nissan Titan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2008 19:02 #225003 by Bullitt03737
Replied by Bullitt03737 on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
I second that. Reminds me of a time I gave a Total stranger in my local Tmobile store my cell phone battery. He was going to buy a new one, probaly saved the guy over a 100 bucks, made me feel like a million knowing I made his day better.

1980 CSR 1000. New dyna Coils, Vacumn Less Petcock, Various Handle bars depending on the day, (Drag and Clubman.)

More
08 Jul 2008 19:07 #225007 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
When ever I help a fellow bike rider out of a problem I just say "I won't accept cash, Just pass the favor on to the next guy" Who knows, It might be you broken down by the side of the road.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
08 Jul 2008 19:32 #225011 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
1978KZ wrote:

It's this kind of actions that make me proud to be an American. To help or be helped from a total stranger is what life is all about.

You probably won't believe this,but...it happens in Canada TOO!!:ohmy: :huh: :laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
08 Jul 2008 19:42 #225012 by heath
Replied by heath on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
Bullitt03737 wrote:

I second that. Reminds me of a time I gave a Total stranger in my local Tmobile store my cell phone battery. He was going to buy a new one, probaly saved the guy over a 100 bucks, made me feel like a million knowing I made his day better.

Ha! I did virtually the same thing with an entire cell phone as I was buying a new phone. I would have just recycled the phone anyway. Person walked in with a phone the same as my old one, but they had dropped it in water, with no insurance. Overheard them, and said, "hey, you want this one?"

The stunned smile on their face made my day. :)

More
09 Jul 2008 09:24 #225151 by SPARKY47
Replied by SPARKY47 on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
Just try to imagine what the world would be like if everyone was like this.:)

1980 KZ500 B2

• Grantl
  • User
  • KZRider is Da Bomb!!!
More
09 Jul 2008 10:22 #225159 by Grantl
Replied by Grantl on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
Recently a member here (Maverick) noticed my bike didn't have a Grabrail. He offered it to me for the price of postage. I think we have the best-of-the best represented on this website and forum. Thanks Jeremy...

1981 KZ1000 CSR
1983 KZ750 Project Bike
1990 550 Zephyr
1994 KZ1000 P

More
09 Jul 2008 10:47 #225163 by OKC_Kent
Replied by OKC_Kent on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
Yay for good deeds. The Milkman gave me a motherboard when my PC died!! Now I need to pass it forward somehow.
:)

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

• Limey
  • User
  • 3 Years in the U.K. - Brought the KZ with me!
More
09 Jul 2008 13:10 #225195 by Limey
Replied by Limey on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
Sandy wrote:

1978KZ wrote:

It's this kind of actions that make me proud to be an American. To help or be helped from a total stranger is what life is all about.

You probably won't believe this,but...it happens in Canada TOO!!:ohmy: :huh: :laugh:

Actually - it happens all over the world! I was doing some work on a drill rig in Israel some years ago, it was VERY hot, and I was struggling with my equipment, but a couple of the Palestinian workers on the rig came over, helped me out, then kept bringing me drinks and food! They spoke no English, and I certainly do not speak any of their language, but we still made friends and parted with smiles and handshakes!

Eric
Newmarket, England (for 3 years)
Pentwater, Michighan (Home)
1978 KZ650
2000 ZG1000
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

More
10 Jul 2008 08:56 #225338 by kneedragger80
Replied by kneedragger80 on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
Oftentimes the smallest of gestures say the most. Just pay it forward baby . . .

80 KZ750E
84 GPZ1100
NY US
. . . I used to do a little but a little wouldn t do it so a little got more and more . . .

More
10 Jul 2008 20:38 #225448 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Not the right place but I'm posting anyway
kneedragger80 wrote:

Oftentimes the smallest of gestures say the most. Just pay it forward baby . . .

Words well spoken,and to live by.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1