extra hoses comming out of my KZ750's carbs

More
06 Jul 2008 17:11 #224510 by Strible
so im looking over my bike as im putting in new oil and i notice four rubber hoses comming out of my carbs, that lead no where there just grouped together and poited out behind the engine. There are two big hoses and two very small ones. There is also two large hoses leading form the gas tank to the two carbs, which i get. but these four that lead no where confuse me a bit. there is allittle gas coming out of them, and i recently had a problem with the gas overflowing the engine. So i am thinking may be these tubes are for if the gas over flows in the carbs some will be pushed out through these tubes. But then agin alot of gas went into the engine which is why i had to change the oil. So maybe im wrong and these hoses are supposed to be connected some where. any thoughts?
, by the way i have a 1979 kz750 B , twin engine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2008 17:16 #224511 by EasyRider1
Replied by EasyRider1 on topic extra hoses comming out of my KZ750's carbs
Strible wrote:

So i am thinking may be these tubes are for if the gas over flows in the carbs some will be pushed out through these tubes.

Bingo!

1978 KZ650C

More
06 Jul 2008 17:28 #224517 by Strible
Replied by Strible on topic extra hoses comming out of my KZ750's carbs
thanks

More
06 Jul 2008 18:17 #224527 by EasyRider1
Replied by EasyRider1 on topic extra hoses comming out of my KZ750's carbs
Well, the hoses that come out from under the carb bowls (bottom) are for draining when too much gas gets in the carbs. The other hoses are for fuel and vacume.

1978 KZ650C

More
06 Jul 2008 21:43 #224564 by Sandy
You might want to pull those carbs off and go through them.
Check you float heights AND the fuel shut-off valves(needle and seat),as they may need to be replaced(or cleaned up)if you're getting fuel out of the overflow lines.That's a sign.

1977 KZ1000 A-1